Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My morning visitor


Imagine my surprise this morning when I walked out my front door and found this little fella sitting in my walkway!!!
The friendliest little guy! Hopped right over. I put my finger out....ya, no. But I couldn't just leave him, right? So, I sat down, put my coffee cup down, which he immediately had to investigate(put his little bird beak all over it..guess I was done with that!)...then just puffed out his little chest and started cleaning himself. So he wasn't scared. But what a dilemma. He is obviously someones pet. He wont let me pick him up...So off to work I go...I start walking down the stairs and he follows me!!! Broke my heart! I'm seriously late for work!!
Got home this afternoon and I have to admit I was sort of hoping he'd still be here...but no. So hopefully he flew home....I wont even think about the hawks that fly around the field near my house!!!

2 comments:

  1. How cute!!! I know the guilty feeling, been there, done that. You come by it honestly!
    Hey! If I'd known you wanted a bird...oh, just not my bird, huh?
    Love You!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He probably pecked out the eyes of the next person that came along. I think you dodged a bullet!
    Welcome to the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete